Founded in 1939 by Phillip and Bee Separk, Separk Music Company began in Salisbury, North Carolina. By the early 1950s, the business had moved to Winston-Salem and become a staple in the local music market for sheet music, instruments, and lessons. In 1995, Drew and Marlene Parker purchased the business and expanded its services to the school music market. On August 1, 2011, Separk Music Company opened its doors in Lewisville, North Carolina following a move from the historic location on West Fourth Street in Winston-Salem.
Today, Separk Music offers instruments, accessories, print music, lessons, rentals, and repairs with a customer base reaching into Forsyth, Davie, Davidson, Watauga, and Orange Counties.